I usually try to limit this weekly roundup to around 3 posts, but there were many more this week that I thought would be worthwhile to share. Here they are:
- Corbett Barr on why you should quit your job and Dan and Ian from the Tropical Business Podcast on why you should quit your job. It definitely seemed like some of my favorite bloggers were trying to tell me something this week. And it did get some wheels turning in my head of what it would take to make such a huge leap. It’s a bit more complicated given that I’ve got a family to support, but it is the path I ultimately need to take. But I think for the time being, I’m adopting Corbett’s advice, to “make my current job the last one I ever take.” After this, the only option is to work for myself.
- Benny Hsu’s guest post at Passive Panda on making $30K in 30 days. Not only does he reveal his own success with the iPhone app Photo365, but he also shares the interesting origins of Silly Bandz and Patron — showing that money-making ideas are as easy as an innovation, reapplication, or fresh way to market a product.
- KISSmetrics on what makes someone leave a website. This awesome infographic gives some easily-fixable design changes you can make to keep visitors at your site longer. It’s wrapped up with the important mantra, “People pay you. Not pageviews.”
- A guest blogger at Problogger shares advice on what to do when your niche site isn’t making money. While you may be quick and eager to just give up, 8-12 months should be the timeframe you use to gauge the success of an idea.
- Trent from the Online Income Lab on a “disturbing Google trend.” Is Google trying to force us to pay for page one rankings? I don’t think it’s quite as drastic as it may sound, but it is something to take note of.
I hope you enjoy this content. Have an awesome weekend!